question

Steve avatar image
Steve asked

Adding an extra 100w panel

Hi,I am running a 100w flexi panel to my victron 75/15 mppt controller,fused to my xtreme 200ah gel battery with a 15 amp inline fuse,can I add another 100w panel without upgrading wires,charge controller and fuse,I am hoping it’s just a matter of adding it with the appropriate connectors thanks steve

Solar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes you can. but as you have not mentioned wire sizes I cant advise on that

however you could put the to panels in series and thus the current would not increase

but you would have to make sure the voltage did not go over 75 volts

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve avatar image Steve commented ·

thanks.checked they are 4.0mm.due to lack of sun,i was wondering if i added another 100w panel would this be better to power battery up'cause i have a 3000w inverter,do i connect series or parallel, thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Steve commented ·

Your new panel should be matched to the first, at least in specs. Look at the Voc rating particularly, and if lower than say 30V you could just add it in series to the first with no change needed to the other kit.

That's a helluva inverter for your kit though. Fine to deal with spiky loads, but if you try to push up that high with a steady load (even to 1000W), you'll see some serious V sag.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic