question

james-ward avatar image
james-ward asked

Re Bulk settings question

I don't want to turn off my MPPT, but let it sit in a kind of maintenance level when not.in use.

So I've changed Abs and Float to 13.5 (LiFePO4 batteries) but should I adjust the Rebulk offset, which goes down to 0.01v offset?

Ta muchly.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@James Ward

You can if you want to, are you trying to stop them cycling (voltage moving uo and down)? If you aren't then keep it close.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

james-ward avatar image james-ward commented ·
yeah, I've tried to shut the MPPT off in the app a couple of times (It's a campervan tjat sits unused for weeks at a time) but when I go to turn it back on in the app it's not showing and I have to disconnect a panel power lead and reconnect to find it again).

So the goal is to keep the Abs and Float the same to keep the battery at about 70% SOC kind of thing. I guess I could do Abs to 13.5v and Float to 13.1v so solar would probably only come on once every month or more with no load. Would that be better?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ james-ward commented ·

The solar would technically start up and run itself each day. So you would see a few watts each day being produced.

The battery would self discharge as well over time. Not sure what the expected spec is for your battery. If you just trying to prevent overcharge then your setup should be fine.

How long are you planning on leaving them unattended?

0 Likes 0 ·