question

michel-bedard avatar image
michel-bedard asked

FLOODED DEEP DISCHARGE PARAMETERS

Last summer I install a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 (S/N HQ1942VPY9) in my Airstream travel trailer. This spring I update it to the Version 1.59 firmware.

After this firmware process, the new “default” Setting parameter become to “Gel Victron discharge (2)”.

Prior to this firmware update, the “Battery Preset” was set to “Customize” with my specific parameters in accordance to Flooded Deep Discharge battery..

The battery type in my travel trailer is a pair of 12 Volts Group 24 “Flooded Deep Discharge”. North American manufacturers mostly use this battery type in the Recreational Vehicle industry.

With this new firmware, in the “Battery Presets” choices are “AGM Spiral” and “Gel type” batteries. And the Customized battery charge parameters the choices are “Gel”; “Lithium” and “PzS plate traction 1-2and 3”.

I am aware that AGM and “Flooded Deep Discharge” batteries have similar charging parameters exception to the “Boost” phase voltage setting.

With this V1.59 Firmware version what is your recommendation for my “Flooded Deep Discharge” batteries.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The recommendation is to use the settings from the datasheet of the batteries.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michel-bedard avatar image michel-bedard commented ·

Thanks for your comment Matthias.

This was done, and working very well in the V1.50 firmware, under “User Preference” and “Expert Mode” folders. But with this V1.59 firmware, there is no such choice. The only option is to “Edit” Preconfigured battery type. The choices are:

- “AGM”

- “Gel Victron deep discharge(1)”

- “Gel Victron deep discharge(2)”

- “Gel Victron long life (OPzV)”

- “Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFeP…”

- “PzS tubular plate traction(1)”

- “PzS tubular plate traction(2)”

- “PzS tubular plate traction(3)”

There is no “Flooded Lead Acid” or similar battery type to edit. In my understanding, only the AGM battery has similar chemical parameter to “Flooded Deep Discharge” battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ michel-bedard commented ·

Just type in the settings from the datasheet and save that as a new preset.

0 Likes 0 ·