question

jefffay avatar image
jefffay asked

Looking for a definitive answer on 3rd party (non smart) LiFePO4 and DVCC

I have searched high and low on this forum to determine if I can use DVCC with 3rd party, non smart LiFePO4 batteries. The manual is vague in this regard and answers to similar questions here are often conflicting or inconclusive.

My batteries have their own built in BMS with no user programming functionality. I have a Cerbo GX and 2 x Multiplus 12/120/3000 inverter / chargers set up in split phase with a charge profile set appropriately.

If the answer is no, would you mind explaining what disqualifies this type of battery? I have it set up this way right now and everything seems fine but I'm concerned that I might be missing something.

Thanks in advance!

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you can use DVCC but as the batteries BMS does not communicate with the gx unit then all that happens is your batterys internal bms turns the battery off completely if there is a cell issue, no matter if its a high or low cell issue. or overload current or overload charge rate and thus the system becomes dead /offline

so DVCC will work with other victron components however the DCL DVL CCL cant work as there is no input from the bms saying reduce amps or reduce voltage etc etc

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jefffay avatar image jefffay commented ·
Thanks Paul, I forgot to mention that I have a Lynx Shunt. I assume that CCL is charge current limit? If so that seems to work fine on my system. I am not sure what DCL and DVL are (something current limit and something voltage limit I expect...) I could not find a reference to those in the manual.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources