question

john-williams avatar image
john-williams asked

MPPT 100/20 Blue tooth issues

I installed my new MPPT 100/20. Did the initial firmware update and blue tooth hook up. All good. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. But every time I go back down to my boat after a day or two. The only way that I can get the MPPT to connect with my phone is to unplug the power from the battery. My phone keep the info for the controller but it is like the control will not go into bluetooth send mode?

Any Ideals? It a real pain to have to get out the tools and disconnect the power to the control ever time.

smart solar charging behaviour
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

What is the VictronConnect version that you are using?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @John Williams

And is the problem that the MPPT is not visible in VictronConnect, that it is greyed out (and when pressing there is a notification that something else is already connected) or that the connection always fails at a certain percentage?

Can you please make a service report after a failed connection attempt? The procedure is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

try a diferant phone to see if you have the same issue. also try unpairing the Iphone to the smartsolar and then repair. also make sure the phones OS is the latest version

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john-williams avatar image john-williams commented ·
v5.59
0 Likes 0 ·
john-williams avatar image
john-williams answered ·

I have tried most of these ideals but will try again.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic