question

jcerv avatar image
jcerv asked

MultiPlus 2000 keeps restarting

MultiPlus 2000, two Lion energy 105 amp hour in parallel. When plugged into shore power it keeps rebooting every couple of minutes and shows a low battery power warning, but the batteries are 90+ % charged.

Unplug from shore power abs everything works fine.

Any ideas where to look?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Depending on your Battery type. ie internal bms Canbus bms or external BMS

I suspect your batteries have a internal BMS

But I suspect that the lithium batteries BMS is turning the batteries OFF as one cell is over its voltage limit.

So check the battery cell voltages when the inverter is just about to turn off.- (you can only see the issue of the battery turning off JUST WHEN THE INVERTER TURNS OFF not 5 min latter - but withing 10 sec)

This means the batteries cells need balancing or the charge settings are set to high.

so to balance them

well lower the charge voltage in the multiplus to below the sum of the cells - when the first cell reachs 3.6v and leave it this way until the high cells voltage drops to around 3.5v then re-sum all the cells and change the charge voltage again to that total.

the charge voltage will slowly rise as the batteries BMS does its job (this will take time maybe even a mth or 2 depending on the bms capabilities) ( once all cells are at 3.5 then raise them to 3.6 volts slowly - again by raising the voltage- then once all cells are at 3.6v retrun the charging profile to the standard battery profile)

or return the batteries to the battery supplier for the correct top balancing

topped balance means ALL cells at say 3.6v then return the charge voltages to normal

I Also suggest that you read the battery manual in depth.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.