Multipluss II with Usb mk3

I am building the following system.

1. Multiplus II 3000

2. VenusGX

3. MPPT 150/100

4. 2x pylontech us3000’s

I first powered the Venus. Connected it to wifi and updated it. All good

Then powered the MPPT. Updated it and connected it to the venus. All good

Then built the correct cable for the batteries. Connected them and set them up in venus. Venus recognizes them. All good

Then put dc power to the MP II. I can see the Multi on the venus but cant get the mk3 to recognise it. The VE config3 recognises the MK 3 but not the multi. It is a normal UTP cable right? From the mk3 to the multi?

I tried this in many configurations. As in directly to multi with no venus. And with venus connected but no go... any ideas? Byw. Venus sees the multi just fine with same cable that the mk3 does not see it with...

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi JTK, thank you for the concise description.

There can be a difference in used pins in the network cable, between using it with VEConfigure on a laptop and using it to connect the GX device and the inverter/charger. So, things to try:

- test the cable with a cable-tester and/or try another one.

- see if the MK3-USB works with the GX device: make sure the GX device is running v2.23 or later; connect the MK3 USB plug into the GX, and the Multi (only) on the MK3. Not as well to the GX device. And then see if the Multi is recognised.

If all doesn’t work; the MK3 must be broken, contact your dealer for a replacement.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jtk avatar image jtk commented ·

Sorry. I see you say i must plug mk3 into usb of gx and nothing else. Will try. If gx recognises multi through mk3 then mk3 is fine and cable is fine. Issue on laptop?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jtk commented ·

Yes some strange issue on laptop or in VEConfigure.

An issue that I don’t understand.

I’ll get some help from a colleague in that situation.

0 Likes 0 ·
jtk avatar image jtk mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

seems my reply did not make it. plugged mk3 into the venus and it worked. Plugged it back into the laptop and it worked as well. No idea why :) Same cable. Anyways. Setup and install is done. Need to still install current meter to make sure that I can grid tie..

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jtk commented ·

:-)

Thats the last result I expected, but I’m glad it helped!

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

jtk avatar image jtk commented ·

No. Its not the same. The software recognises the mk3. I used the driver supplied by the software. It (the software) also updated either itself or the firmware on the mk3. When selecting the correct port it says mk3 detected then proceeds to check for a device but finds nothing...

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

JTK, Try another Cable and also try a shorter cable.

I had a site that everything worked fine when the cable was connected to the CCGX but connecting the same cable to the MK3 . the MK3 did not work , used a different cable closer to the multi and it worked fine

worth a try

2 |3000