question

szkot avatar image
szkot asked

Multiplus II 48V with Fronius Symo 12.5 - 3- M as on/off grid full backup

Hello everyone. Could someone comment on wiring schematic below? I need full backup for all loads without critical loads split. Ignore BMS unit shown as Victron, it is BYD unit.

Can I have loads connected directly to 3 phase mains supply? If not than all loads need to be connected through AC OUT 1/2 in multiplus in which case is AC OUT 1 limited to inverter rating of 5k?

cotterwood-pv-battery-schematic-2.png

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

As far as i see you are connecting AC-IN and AC-Out of the MP2. That is not allowed in any way.

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Szkot

As Jens pointed out, connecting AC-in with AC-out is wrong.

Can I have loads connected directly to 3 phase mains supply? If not than all loads need to be connected through AC OUT 1/2 in multiplus in which case is AC OUT 1 limited to inverter rating of 5k?

Yes you can have loads connected to AC-in but they will loose power when grid fails.

When grid fails AC-out1 loads are limited to Multiplus capacity when your Fronius is not producing.

2 |3000

szkot avatar image
szkot answered ·

Can you have a look at altered diagram below?

Your help is greatly appreciatedcotterwood-pv-battery-schematic-3.png.

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
AC looks better
0 Likes 0 ·