question

tslewis99 avatar image
tslewis99 asked

SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/70 rev2 Day detection issues

SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/70 rev2 Day detection issues

I am using the programmable relay settings and am choosing the option of Day detection

(Panels irradiated). This option switches the relay ON whilst the solar panels are providing energy

(Day/Night detection).

Here is my problem even hours after the sun has gone down the Solar voltage will still be just above 13 volts. I believe this is caused by street lights near the RV. Because of this the relay never opens. The battery voltage for this system is 48V and is set correctly in the settings. During normal operation Solar voltage is averaging around 165V. I need a way to tweak to day night voltages.

FYI, running 8 panels (2 sets of 4 in series. 380 watts each)

I thought there might be a way to achieve this using the streetlight settings but I cannot see a way to use those settings to drive the programmable relay.

MPPT Controllers
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tslewis99 avatar image tslewis99 commented ·
Bumping this to see if anyone has suggestions.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Have you tried increasing the night detection voltage?

0 Likes 0 ·
tslewis99 avatar image tslewis99 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
That is a function of the streetlight settings which might work but I cannot get it to operate the programmable relay. That doesn't mean that I am doing it correctly.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers