question

hodgson avatar image
hodgson asked

Venus with current sensor stuck in settings

I recently changed customer location of a Venus GX. In the previous installation it had a current sensor connected for PV Inverter consumption. In the new installation the there is no PV Inverter or current sensor but I can't seem to find a way to remove it from the Venus's settings, as such the consumption tab on the dashboard does not work. Is there a way to set a Venus back to factory settings or some other method of removing the current sensor?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

There is presently no way to delete such meters, at least none that are user accessible. The only way to remove it is on a very low level: to root the device, stop the localsettings service, and then to edit the settings file on the device (it's an XML file).

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

For those who are also looking, you stop the service with:

svc -d /service/localsettings

Then edit /data/conf/settings.xml and reboot.

You could very easily break something by doing this but I used this approach to remove a PV inverter that did not belong on a site anymore.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic