question

matteburk avatar image
matteburk asked

Venus OS does not retry to reload Ve direct connection if connection is lost

I have a setup with smartshunt ,Phoenix Inverter and a mppt. I Also have a rpi3 and Touchscreen with Venus is 2.84. I have victron orginal ve direct cables sautered directly to alternativ rs 232 USB connector on each cable. They are total max 0,5m long. They Work perfect directly to Rpi .

Have then tested with powered USB hub and 5m cable to Rpi and it connects but they all drops After some Time . Tryied a diffrent USB hub also.

Then i made my own special USB cable with a Cat 6 cable . I used 2 wires for +and - and separate data 2/6 of the rest.

It works much bettet and last alot longer (couple of hours)but still one drops…

But everytime i Reboot the pi or disconnect Connect USB to that device it finds it instant.

Don’t the software have a retry if lost connection function? If not it Would be helpful .

I have limit of max one cable min 5m in my RV between the ve directcables and Rpi with Touchscreen , thats why i build my one special cable…

Or does anyone else have any other soulution? The best would be if devices could talk with BT direct to Venus os device as it does to Phones app

/ Mattias

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Miro Halonen avatar image
Miro Halonen answered ·

Did you find solution? I have exactly same problem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matteburk avatar image matteburk commented ·
Yes.... It was my homemade cables ve direkt usb that dropped off after a while... I bought Victron original cables and has never dropped since...../Mattias
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources