question

paragon avatar image
paragon asked

SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100 119.3A on the secondary side.

Hello,

My SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100 (fimware version 1.09) is giving me peak readings that have me wondering.

See picture.
These values were displayed to me on a cloudy-sunny day.
According to Victron, the MPPT can transmit a maximum of 100 A on the secondary side.
Are these 119.3 A just a momentary peak that is releatively quickly regulated down to 100A?
Or can this increased current also be a permanent condition?
On the primary side, a maximum of 12A can be supplied to both MPPT inputs.

Could anyone observe the same values?

Hallo,

mein SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100 (Fimwareversion 1.09) zeigt mir Spitzenwerte an, die mich ins Grübeln bringen.
imax.jpgDiese Werte wurden mir an einem Wolken-Sonne Tag angezeigt.Laut Victron kann der MPPT auf der Sekundärseite maximal 100 A übertragen.
Sind diese 119,3 A nur ein momentaner Spitzenwert der releativ schnell auf 100A heruntergeregelt wird?
Oder kann dieser eröhte Strom auch ein Dauerzustand sein?
Primärseitig können maximal 12A an beide MPPT Eingänge geliefert werden.

Konnte jemand die gleichen Werte beobachten?

MPPT Controllers
imax.jpg (40.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Paragon

This is usually caused by a sudden change in irradiance (the full sun coming out from behind a cloud).

The history module records the peak current, so it will log these events.

It will not sustain this before reducing down to the rated current. It shouldn't cause any issues (being so brief).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.