question

chrisryan43 avatar image
chrisryan43 asked

Remote VEConfigure not enabled

I have two way communication enabled on my pi (running VenusOS V2.85). All working correctly with remote console and even remote firmware update but i dont have the option for VEConfigure. Any ideas?

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·
remote veconfigure is for changing inverter settings. If you want to tweak mppt's, as already mentioned, Victron connect does that. Just use the VRM tab instead of the local tab, and connect to your site devices from there.
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisryan43 avatar image chrisryan43 commented ·
I cant believe it's that simple! Thank you so much! I never noticed the 'Devices' tab in the VRM section of Victron Connect!
0 Likes 0 ·
lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·

I think VE configure 3 is only availble for win - to configure without mk3

12 comments
2 |3000

chrisryan43 avatar image chrisryan43 commented ·
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I am trying to use Remote VEConfigure through VRM
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B chrisryan43 commented ·
are you using a mac or PC as it will only work with a PC
0 Likes 0 ·
chrisryan43 avatar image chrisryan43 Paul B commented ·
I'm using a PC
0 Likes 0 ·

You have to install ve configure software on your PC

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

then you can open the setup files after they are downloaded

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisryan43 avatar image chrisryan43 Paul B commented ·

But i dont have the option in VRM to download (or upload the setup files)vrm-2.png

0 Likes 0 ·
vrm-2.png (31.5 KiB)

turn two way communication and the remote control options ON in the cerbo - if they are on then please send screen shots of those settings. or send me a invite to your vrm with full control turned on. and ill have a quick look for you email address is - service@octopusasia.com

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Paul B commented ·
He has a PI, not a Cerbo.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ chrisryan43 commented ·
Is remote veconfigure supported on the PI? Docs state a GX device is required and they don't include a PI in the GX device list.
0 Likes 0 ·
chrisryan43 avatar image chrisryan43 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I guess that is ultimately what i am asking because i'm not sure. As far as i was aware VenusOS is the same irrespective of the hardware it's running on so a pi is as much of a GX device as anything else but maybe not.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ chrisryan43 commented ·
Perhaps you could try Victron Connect?
0 Likes 0 ·
chrisryan43 avatar image chrisryan43 klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
I can configure everything locally via Victron Connect fine but i want to be able to configure my MPPT controllers remotely
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ chrisryan43 commented ·
You can do that via Victron Connect.
0 Likes 0 ·