question

uniport avatar image
uniport asked

Modbus TCP from Multiplus Quattro?

Hi

We have a customer who has these Victron Multiplus Quattro inverters to provide power for their buildings. I was wondering if/how we can get Modbus TCP data from this device?

Regards

Mike

Modbus TCP
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt commented ·

If you haven't already found it, below is a link to the Victron Modbus TCP FAQ

Pat

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:modbustcp_faq

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

The easiest way is to add a Victron Venus Device to your system. (CCGX, Venus GX, etc.). They communicate with the Quattros and have a built-in Modbus TCP slave functionality. You can then read/write the information from any external Modbus TCP client.

That's what I did with my system.

Pat

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt commented ·

Forgot to add: You can download the Venus Modbus TCP registry list from here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/whitepapers

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
farhan avatar image farhan commented ·

I want to access quattro ccgx on my laptop window 10 through modbus how can i do it??

I also want to moniter status of each device connected to ccgx?

Main thing is how to establish connection between ccgx and laptop through modbus-tcp ccgx already connected with quattro.

You say add ccgx on your computer.I am confuse how can i add ccgx to my laptop

thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt farhan commented ·

You will have to connect the CCGX to your local ethernet LAN using a Cat5e UTP cable with RJ45 connectors. Then you will need software on your laptop that acts as a Modbus TCP client.

Assuming you are using a Windows laptop you can test and query individual modbus registers with an application called AVReporter or similar. To perform logging, monitoring or control you will need a SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), with modbus TCP support, application on your laptop.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
farhan avatar image farhan Pat Davitt commented ·

thanks pat davitt in this software firstly connected laptop with ccgx by giving ip and port number.

secondly i want moniter things can i get status like writing 824 register no on register box and click on calculate ?? thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Not sure I understand. Have you installed Modbus TCP client software on your laptop? If so, which one and are you able to connect to the CCGX?

Register 824 is read only so you cannot write to it.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·

I am using AVReporter and can read register 824 from Unit ID 100. I don't have a generator connected to my system so the value is 0.

See screenshot below.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
farhan avatar image farhan Pat Davitt commented ·

thanks for your quick response AVReportor works for me thanks again for ur support but i want to integrate simulator into my c++ code so thats why i need open source simulator like AVReporter if you use and know about any open source simulator working on victron kindly share your experience with me thanks i need like this simulator https://www.modbusdriver.com/diagslave.html

0 Likes 0 ·
farhan avatar image farhan farhan commented ·

pat davitt how to write register value on AVReportor?

i want on off generter kindly tell me procedure thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Danakil avatar image
Danakil answered ·

If you don't want/ have a venus GX device, you can simply use a MK3 and use this python script:

https://github.com/izak/ib.victron

2 comments
2 |3000

farhan avatar image farhan commented ·

i want to connect ccgx with my laptop how can i do it??

Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
Danakil avatar image Danakil farhan commented ·

Hi Farhan,

If your CCGX is connected to your router, start the app Victron Connect and it will appear on your main page. Click on it to connect to the console.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources