question

jswalwell avatar image
jswalwell asked

Battery charge state monitoring, 3rd party

Hi. I'm new tot he victron family of equipment. I have a simple application where I'd like to monitor and log the state of a Victron smart lithium battery. The system I am working with has a smart battery, a VE.Bus BMS controller, MPPT 100/30 solar charge controller and a Phoenix inverter. Via some method, I would like a serial data string (ascii/hex I don't care) which contains the charge state of the battery. I have coded to receive and log many data streams of many times for many applications, programming not a problem.

The battery state info is very easy to get at via the bluetooth app connected directly to the battery, but not so obvious if you are trying the get the info to the computer. I have read the communications white paper but it is nnot clear to me what conversion product I would buy (MK3?) and where I would connect it in this particular system to get the battery state information. Thanks for the help.

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources