question

bortleandbean avatar image
bortleandbean asked

MPPT 100/50 does it shut down when full SOC?

hey everyone,

I am concerned that my MPPT 100/50 or system is having an issue.

In my van I have (3) 175w solar panels that supply (3) 100ah Battleborn Batteries. I have the app set up according to battleborn’s website:

Absorption 14.6v

Absorption time 1.5 hours

Float 13.5v

The yield has been very low for the past two days and there are no lights on other than the Bluetooth module. The voltage coming in is normal but it seems like the watts are being restricted. The battery was up to the 14.6v when this was occurring. Is this normal? Is it because the battery’s are full? The no lights thing has me concerned.

This system is not all turned on yet as I am still building out the conversion. The loads are only some ambient light switches and the battery monitor, occasionally a light for a very short amount of time. So there is not much power being pulled.

I have been trying to post screen shots to go with this info but I keep getting a “parsing response failure” error, anyone know how to fix that?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Once the battery voltage gets to 14.6 then amps are reduced, and the voltage is held there for 1.5 hrs as per your settings. then the voltage is reduced to float, so all is correct

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bortleandbean avatar image
bortleandbean answered ·

Thank you for the reassurance Paul. While it is being held for the time I set, should the lights be doing anything to tell me what it’s up to?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The lights are documented in the Victron Toolkit app. If none are on, either there's no power to the unit, or it's faulty. If you have the smart version with bluetooth, there's a lot of monitoring information in the Victron connect app.

Both apps are free downloads.

0 Likes 0 ·