question

wgbinghams avatar image
wgbinghams asked

BMV 712 power cable specifications

I just took delivery of new RV and the Victron display unit isn't working. I'm checking connections first. Due to the placement of the shunt, I cannot see the "top face", where the UTP and power cables enter. I took out the power cable and tested and now I having trouble inserting the cable into the push connector. I can't see how my manipulation of the push connector affects the opening for the wire. The power cable keeps splaying. It seems to be bigger a gage than the stock power cable, which came with a ferrule. The gage may be too big for the push connector.

I am going to use a ferrule. I need to know the gage of the stock power cable. Also, do I push the orange blades of the push connector against the side face.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@wgbinghams

You can 16AWG and the inline fuse is 1A. With the ferrule you should be able to just push the ferrule into the B+. No need to press the orange items. Or you can solder the wire. That makes it stiff enough and stops the cable spalying.

The display uses the grey cable with the RJ12 on the ends for power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.