question

ram5500-camperthing avatar image
ram5500-camperthing asked

Multiplus 3000 and EG4 Lifepower 400ah Issues with AC Unit??

Hey All

I have a Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter in my Off Grid Camper that i use to power everything, Induction Stove, Hot Water Heater, Microwave, and a Houghton Bel Air Air Conditioner.

I have used this for approximately 2 years with a single Lifeblue 300ah battery without issue.

I just upgraded to (2) EG4 Lifepower 400ah (12v) server rack batteries, wire in parallel. All wired with 4/0 cable.

All appliances work fine with the new setup other than the Air Conditioner.

The AC draws about 42amps when the compressor kicks on. This has not been an issue with the lifeblue battery for the past 2 years.

With the EG4s, it is tripping the "low voltage" alert on the Multiplus as soon as the compressor kicks on momentarily, but the batteries are fully charged.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Signature Solar going over the BMS software, but the password they had for the software doesnt work with mine.

They ended up telling me to contact Victron, but i am positive its an EG4 BMS issue

Any know compatibility issues with this setup and possible fixes?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers