question

patrickjohn avatar image
patrickjohn asked

BMV702 not reading both battery voltages

My new BMV 702 does not show both my house (main)battery bank and start (Aux)battery volts. The Main Voltage on the display is 0.1V while the Aux is displaying the correct 12.6 voltage. I checked the voltages at the pins(B1 & B2) on the shunt with a voltmeter and the voltages there are correct. When I swap the cable at b1 and b2. The also switch at the display with the main at 12.6v and Aux at 0.1v. Does anyone know why this is happening?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
patrickjohn avatar image
patrickjohn answered ·

Further checks indicate that the monitor is not displaying main voltage (0.1V) but only the Aux voltage. When I switch b1 and b2 cables. The aux displays the house battery voltage. It looks like there is a problem with the meter reading the voltage on b1 because when I use my voltmeter there are voltages on both b1 and b2.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Contact the seller from whom you bought it get a replacement.
0 Likes 0 ·
patrickjohn avatar image
patrickjohn answered ·

I was hoping there was a way to fix it but that might be my only choice. Thank you

2 |3000

patrickjohn avatar image
patrickjohn answered ·

It’s working now. I removed the wire from the connection at the meter and shunt and place it back and it started working. I did menu times before but for some unknown reason it’s working now.

2 |3000