question

s-v-simbora avatar image
s-v-simbora asked

How to program Balmar MC-614 regulator for Vctron lithium?

Victron and Balmar: I’m busy programming my Balmar MC-614 regulator for my new Victron lithium batteries. Does anyone know what Victron recommends the following parameters should be:

(1) FbA(Field Threshold - Bulk to Absorption) [Balmar factory set at 65%]

(2) FFL(Field Threshold - Float to Absorption) [Balmar factory set at 65%]

(3) SLP(Slope Voltage Correction) [Balmar factory set at 6.0mV/deg.C]

balmar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@s_v Simbora

(1) leave at default

(2) leave at default

(3) 0.0

3 is the important setting and prevents to use temperature compensation, which lithiums don't like.

1 and 2 have no further meaning for the LFP charging profile.

I have a programming sheet for the MC-614 on my website with all essential settings for Victron Smart Lithiums:

https://www.sailingtakumoe.de/2020/08/03/balmar-hochleistungslichtmaschine-mit-victron-smartlithium-128-lifepo4/

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

s-v-simbora avatar image s-v-simbora commented ·
Thanks, Stefanie!

I've seen the Balmar cheat-sheet before but because there are no values for FbA and FFL, I wasn't sure what to make of it.

I'll set them at 65% in any case.

The SLP(Slope Voltage Correction) had me confused as it says nothing about temperature, except in the units it's measured in. Now that I know it's the temp. correction, I know what to do with it.

Philip

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ s-v-simbora commented ·

You're welcome.

These abbreviations also got on my last nerve at the beginning ;-)

It's not necessary to fill in those that are empty in the cheat sheet.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic