question

garyartista avatar image
garyartista asked

Multiplus charger light flashing

I have a 24 volt Multiplus Compact installed on a boat. The Charger light is flashing yellow. When first installed it did not flash. It is causing the BMV 501 to flash Lo and to give a reading of 13.2 volts. WHen I remove fuse from the BMV the Multiplus continues to flash, so I think the source of the flashing is the Multiplus. The remote panel for the Multiplus shows "float." The Battery Watch shows the batteries are at around 26.5 volts, as does my volt meter. I talked to the installer who speculates that the Multiplus has become confused over the battery voltage, treating it as a 12v setup versus a 24. There are 4 165 amp hour glass mat batteries. Any thoughts? Thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
garyartista avatar image
garyartista answered ·

Per the manual, the yellow LED charger only light is supposed to flash when in the float mode. I'd missed that page of the manual somehow.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

I was just about to say that. Confused me at first with mine. But in fact it's more informative.

26.5 is maybe a touch low for float on AGM. Might be worth checking the battery specifications.

0 Likes 0 ·