question

zamo avatar image
zamo asked

Can I use ESS with a generator?

my client has a 3-phase system consisting of 3*10KVA quattro inverters a 800AH(DOD 70%) battery bank and victron charge controllers with 18KWp of solar. I recently switched the system to ESS and the generator was previously configured to start if the SOC reaches 50% in load shedding cases but it has not started at all. Does ESS work with a generator(also 3phase), if so which settings can i change for it to charge the batteries and power the loads ?

ESSGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes generators are supported in ESS systems, and quite easy to work with if you have Quattro's (you can configure one of the inputs)

But please: consult a knowledgeable Victron installer / distributor for this, as it is all common knowledge. If you have specific questions you can always ask here.

-you don't specify what device switches the generator
-you don't specify how things are connected
-you don't specify which settings you currently have, so we cannot tell you what to change

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.