question

jens-due avatar image
jens-due asked

MultiPlus2. Compatible with the ones I can buy today?

Hallo

I would like to add a MultiPlus2 48/3000 to the one I have today so I have one on L1 and one on L2 and space on L3 for one more.

The one I have has serial number.

SN: HQ1933WREV4

How does it fit in with the one I can buy today is mine too old?

Multiplus-IIESS3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Jens Due

With 3-phase system there should be no problem, but confirm this with your Victron distributor.

I have 3-phase system and on one phase I have unit 1.5 year older than on the other two.

Big problem is when you try to put them i parallel.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

For both configs all units need to be identical, from the docs:

All units in one system must be the same type and firmware version, this includes same size, system voltage, and feature set. The type is indicated by the first four digits of the firmware version number.

3 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@nickdb For parallel setup, not only type of MP-II, but also HW Revision needs to be the same.

0 Likes 0 ·
jens-due avatar image jens-due marekp commented ·

Yes i have read it in the documentation but what are the first four digits of firmware version number in a brand new Multiplus 2?

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp jens-due commented ·

@Jens Due

Current production (from the latest price list)

MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 PMP482305010

0 Likes 0 ·