question

wally avatar image
wally asked

BMV712 not showing time remaining on app

Just posting on behalf of a mate who is not au fait with using computers.
He has a BMV712. Working for a bit over a week now. The physical display shows the Time remaining as infinite, however in the app it shows with two dashes. It has only started doing this today.
I've seen similar posts but they show two dashes in the Consumed Ah field while still showing infinite in the Time remaining field.
He's worried his app is out of date but I've checked that it's all good. He also thinks it's a bluetooth issue so has restarted bluetooth, the app, his phone etc...
I don't think it's bluetooth otherwise he wouldn't be getting all the rest of the information, which is all good.
trevs-bmv.jpg

BMV Battery Monitor
trevs-bmv.jpg (165.3 KiB)
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rluckenbach avatar image rluckenbach commented ·
Have you resolved your issue? Mine is doing the exact same thing.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ rluckenbach commented ·
See my other answer.
0 Likes 0 ·
chool avatar image chool commented ·
Hi - my app is not showing time remaining any more as it would show Infinite if there was no load or days etc if load was on the batterie

I’ve update my app but it’s still not showing time remaining - has anyone else changed settings to get it sorted ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ chool commented ·
@Chool please add a screenshot of the app.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ chool commented ·
I think there's been a software change that replaced infinite with ‐‐

Time to go will only show if the batteries are discharging and there's been enough discharge time to get a decent calculation.

0 Likes 0 ·
chool avatar image chool kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Ok thank you - I’ll keep an eye out if you send an update

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Wally

I think it's because the battery is still charging and should show Time remaining when there is no incoming charge anymore.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wally avatar image wally commented ·

Thanks for the response Stefanie, I will get him to take off his charger and see if that gives us the time remaining in the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@Wally

Would be a good idea to check the settings of the 712 as well. If you go to the cog icon top right, they're there. Screen shots please.
0 Likes 0 ·
redrobin avatar image redrobin commented ·
Am trying to find more info on this, after updating the app batteries are fully charged and when I check app on iPhone the line 'Time remaining' has disappeared
0 Likes 0 ·
eric1514 avatar image
eric1514 answered ·

I have the same issue and it started recently. The monitor display will show "infinite" as the Time Remaining but the app will only show 2 dashes. Everything worked fine 2 weeks ago and now it doesn't. Nothing has changed except for a bunch of updates to the app. As the monitor shows the correct info and the app doesn't, I suspect a bug in the software.

It also seems that when the app shows the current changing from negative to positive, "infinite" will sometimes flash on and off but when it settles down, the two dashes remain where once it used to say "infinite".

2 |3000