question

dean1988103 avatar image
dean1988103 asked

MultiPlus 3000 Overload with no AC load

Hello All,

My multiplus keeps making a strange noise, the fan kicks on and then I get the "Overload" code with no AC loads whatsoever. I have reset and checked all of my connections/fuses/breakers and everything seems to be working fine. I even have all of the other AC loads working fine. Ive narrowed it down to one of the wall outlets in the van. Even with no load when I switch the breaker to the on position for this particular outlet the Multiples alerts the overload signal. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
munu-moses avatar image
munu-moses answered ·

Hello, I believe the first thing would be to check if there is a short circuit on the output of your multi if you can’t take it back to the dealership, then open the cover and check the output terminals from the transformer

I haven’t checked well the internals of multi || but I’m sure something is shorting the output . Kindly check if there is ac voltage at the output terminal

secondly, you can also ch ex k for firmware update if available then try to update, it might be just that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

munu-moses avatar image munu-moses commented ·
I have been having similar issues with multiplus compact 1200va 12v and I found that there was a short exactly at the connectors of the output.

This also made the multi to blow out the bidirectional conversion fets which I had to replace and now all is fine

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·