question

hemiman avatar image
hemiman asked

Overvoltage on AC-Out on Dual Victron 3000s 50a RV Setup

• 5th Wheel RV w/ 50amp
  • Dual Victron 3000s (Unit#1 on L1) (Unit#2 on L2)
  • 600ah Battleborn + 1300w solar
  • 2 (MPPTs) 100/75TR & 100/30
  • Cerbo GX w/ CTX-50 Display

20220117-112218.jpg

20220402-1308141.jpg

I occasionally get this "OverVoltage on AC Out" error ONLY when the 2 inverters are programmed in single phase 110v Parallel mode (In RV world we call this 30a mode). I do not get this error anytime the 2 inverters are setup in Split Phase 180 deg offset (220v) mode (In RV world we call this 50a mode). Even in single phase parallel, I don't get the error all the time. The wiring is correct (I'm an EE by trade) and generally the system runs fine in either mode under light load conditions and heavy load conditions. I notice the error occurs more often in higher humidity conditions.

However, once it's starts throwing this error, it will continue to throw the error repeatedly causing the 2 Victrons to shutdown, remain off for a moment, and then power back up. This is not good for computer equipment in my RV that do not get a clean shutdown. Not too mention the havoc it wreaks on TVs and compressor type refrigerators that are constantly turning on/off every few minutes.

I think this might be due to unequal AC loading on L1/L2 where something either turns on or off causing a brief voltage spike on the line sensed by the unloaded Victron.

Is there a way to make this an "ALARM ONLY" so that it doesn't shut down the two Victrons? Or, can I adjust the voltage level that triggers the alarm? I think this could be a software fix as well. If either Victron detects a high voltage on AC Out, then check to see if the other "Tethered" or "Mated" Victron ALSO detects this overvoltage condition. If the other Victron does not detect a highvoltage on AC Out, then set the ALARM ONLY, do not shut the system down as it's likely just a glitch. Just some feedback.

Thanks

overvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic