question

takamine avatar image
takamine asked

SmartSolar MPPT 150|45 - Tr Ve.Can

The 150/45 Tr Ve.Can has a programmable relay. One of the functions is that the relay can be activated when the Float is reached ...

Is it possible with this event to make the 150/45 completely stop charging by interrupting the remote with the relay?

And if the voltage of the battery is then reduced again, the relay cuts out until the next Float is reached again?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
cklio avatar image
cklio answered ·

I can't see a reason to disable float voltage other than if you have lithium batteries and you're wanting to cycle them from 80% rather than 100%. Which is understandable given what you get.

But if I have it correct you're wanting to set the relay to essentially take float out completely?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

takamine avatar image
takamine answered ·

It is indeed about charging a SmartVictron Lifepo4 160Ah battery. I already have build a system with a BMV712 to keep the SoC between 70% and 80%. When I balance the cells of the battery once a month, and the camper is not in use, it is better not to keep the battery in the Float charge afterwards because then it stays at 100% SoC for too long and it goes to slow to drop back to 70%. This is necessary to reactivate the 70% to 80% cycle again with the BMV712 ...

2 |3000