question

Michael Ziegler avatar image
Michael Ziegler asked

MPPT 150-85 - LED at Dawn shows Bootloader Sequence till full light - then normal

1. I get a Bootloader LED sequence from dawn to full light only - then it goes away till the next morning? Any thoughts?

2. If I want to reload Firmware - how do I do that? I have turned power on and off...with no obvious results

VRM and Local Connect App both show the Firmware as up to date

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I thinbks its a failed firmware update so try redoing the firmware update - using your phone when its connected to the internet then use Victron connect and connect via bluetooth to the smartsolar unit. then under tools and product there is a update selection

if you have vrm access the under devices and then firmware update

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Paul B

I would like to note that it is not necessary to be connected to internet when performing a firmware update. All the firmware is included inside VictronConnect so it does not need an internet connection to get the firmware.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Thanks ...I tried the update - but it apparently failed, but I did not realize this as there does not seem to be a notice of a failed firmware update? The MPPT continued to work till last week when it no longer allowed solar power to flow through to the batteries and my system shut down when the batteries discharged to 20% - shutting down my WIFI router which I use to monitor this remove island off grid system. I had to make an emergency trip to the island - and within seconds of running the firmware update on the MPPT ...power was returned.

I had not been monitoring the system as I normally do, but I was surprised I did not get a notice when the MPPT stopped performing. When I looked on the Dashboard, I could see that the System had not been receiving solar power (no update data) but I could not figure out why I did not get an alarm for this?

Any ideas gratefully received

0 Likes 0 ·