question

dejongmr avatar image
dejongmr asked

Orion IP67 24/12-100A parallel operation.

Don't know whether this is a obvious road question... But I search here and on the net, just as the victron site and did not find a clear go ahead yet.

I installed a Skylla IP65 with balancer to a 24volt packet, I did this in a caravan at 12v. For this I installed an Orion IP67 24/12 100A (overdone I know).

However, I have 4 movers which are hitting the 1200 watt depending the work they have to do. Normally the operate around 800 or so.

Point is one mover jumps out when moving forwards and the break pads have to be released, it seems it cannot release them anymore or so. As before, directly to a a single battery, it could.

This and the fact that it tickles the max the Orion can deliver, made me decide to go to 2 off those Orion. Give it the jus it seems to like.

2 options. One is giving the master and slave there own dedicated ORION (Don't know whether the movers like this) . And the second, which I prever is installing two Orion IP67 with 100 amp cap and combine them to a single busbar for the movers.

My question is... Can this orions be installed parallel? I know the smart versions with adjustable outputs can.

Regards

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dejongmr avatar image
dejongmr answered ·

Figured it out already. Cannot be operated in parallel operation. Only the output adjustable ones can.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.