question

hmartsome avatar image
hmartsome asked

Generator Integration in existing Victron Sytem

Hi,

I am running 3 Multiplus II 5kva with 12kwp Solar (Fronius Inverter on AC out side of the Victrons) and a 48 kwh Battery (K9 Batrium) with no flaws at all. I am wondering which is the best way to integrate a 400V 8kva Diesel Generator into my system? Would it be possible to integrate the Generator on the AC out side just like the Fronius? What would be necessary to do so? Or are there other/better ways to integrate?

Every suggestion or hint welcome, thank you.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

A timely clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXd6B-LWPe0

about 01:19:55, you should find it informative...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Generators don't typically coexist with other sources on the same bus so you'd need to connect the generator to the INPUT side of the Multi. You'd need a transfer switch to switch between grid and generator at the Multi input.

2 |3000

n-dee avatar image
n-dee answered ·

I connected my generator (via Delta ESR-48/56) to the Batteries.
With 8kva you may use one on each phase and get 150A to charge :-)

Or buy three Victron Skylla 48/50 TG instead of Delta ESR.
But the price of them is hefty, thats why I chose the Deltas

br,
Andy

2 |3000