question

michaeltenerife avatar image
michaeltenerife asked

It seems there is no absorption fase in my MPPT... 53V float instead of 52V?

Hi everyone,

It seems there are a similar question asked but I am not sure it is the same.

My installation:

MPPT 150/35

Pylontech Turbo 3.5kwh 48v

3000kv 35A inverter 48v

I did configurate the MPPT as victron recommends on their website (absorption 52V float 51V although I heard that in an off-grid situation it would be better to set it up to 53/52V, is that correct?)

I just checked with Ve direct the MPPT and there is no absorption phase.

Is this an issue?

I can only read the SOC of the battery with BMV700 as I don't have the cerbo yet and it get's easily to 100% with my 1.7kw solar panels and little consumption.

Here a screenshot: only bulk and float. Thank you for your advices.

photo-2022-03-27-12-23-35.jpg
MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
fhocorp avatar image
fhocorp answered ·

Hi. What type of battery configuration did you make on your MPPT ? In my case, i am using li-ion home made batteries and set up the LifePo4 battery settings on the MPPT via Victron Connect and set up the bulk/float voltage like yours based on my BMS charging voltages values. But i can't help you more because my installation is in 24V...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaeltenerife avatar image michaeltenerife commented ·
I did a manual configuration with the values given by victron about pylontech batteries. It means 52v absorption and 51v floating although it seems fully charged battery is 53v. the is no tail option activated.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Looks as if it's working according to your setup. Absorption generally not needed on lithium.

1 comment
2 |3000

fhocorp avatar image fhocorp commented ·
Good remark :)
0 Likes 0 ·