question

andy156 avatar image
andy156 asked

Pylontech US5000C compatibility

I haven't been able to find any info on it but am I safe to assume the US5000C is fully compatible with a Quattro 10000? Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Andy156

Pylontech does not have a 5000C model. Are you sure?

Compatibility info for the Pylontech 5000 and 5000B models is here (they are the same except for an included circuit breaker in the B model) - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

There is no specific advice for the 10kVA Quattro, though you will need to review the battery spec to make sure that you have enough of them connected to supply the necessary current to the inverter.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
They have a UP5000
0 Likes 0 ·
bulraydin avatar image bulraydin commented ·
Hello @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , indeed we are also going to use the US5000C model of Pylontech, do you have any updates , whether it is compatible ?

Best Regards

Bulent

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ bulraydin commented ·

Hi @bulraydin,

The 5000 & 5000B models are compatible.

There are no updates about a 5000C model Pylontech. It does not exist according to my contact at Pylontech.

1 Like 1 ·
bulraydin avatar image bulraydin Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Many Thanks for clarification ! In fact the distributor of Pylontech just confirmed that they made a typo. There is no US5000C yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
andy156 avatar image andy156 commented ·
My bad. I probably saw something or got confused. It’s more the general us5000 range. Thanks for all the answers
0 Likes 0 ·
sungrid avatar image
sungrid answered ·

Yes, Pylontech have US5000C model, see attached picture. And I need to ask if the US5000C is compatible with 3x Multiplus II 5000VA model.

lithium-battery-pylontech-us5000-48vjpg.png

1 comment
2 |3000

To be pedantic it isn't a "C" model, else it would be written on the cover like the rest of the range. The model name pops up a lot but Pylon have nothing on their site that even shows it exists. It sometimes also appears as a UP5000. At 50A discharge for almost 5kWh, that's quite poor.
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@nickdb we just over a year and it’s appeared @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) does Victron support the two new batteries?

img-4086.png

img-4087.png

img-4087.png (1.2 MiB)
img-4086.png (1.0 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Daza,

Support for the Pylontech Pelio-L model is currently scheduled for Venus v3.10

This version is currently in testing.

1 Like 1 ·
jonf3n avatar image
jonf3n answered ·

Hello, any updates here?
The compatibility page still says "imminent" for the US5000C.
There is no mention of the US5000C in the Venus GitHub repo.
@Guy Stewart mentioned testing in v3.10, but v3.11 was released last month without any mention: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/releases/tag/v3.11

7 comments
2 |3000

It is being widely used and presents as a normal pylon with the appropriate limits, docs probably just lagging.
1 Like 1 ·

Hi @jonf3n,

The GitHub issue tracker is not the canonical release notes;

They are located on Victron Professional in the firmware section, here is a direct link (but it requires a Victron Professional account)

https://professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware/file-download/?name=Venus%20OS%20%28CCGX%2C%20Venus%20GX%2C%20Cerbo%20GX%20and%20other%20GX%20products%29/Venus%20OS%20-%20firmware%20changelog.docx

Support for the Pelio-L model has now been added.

I presume that release also enabled support for the US5000C - but I will confirm it before updating the documentation.

1 Like 1 ·
jonf3n avatar image jonf3n Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, but I don't see the US5000C mentioned in this docx file?
Or maybe I misunderstood.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ jonf3n commented ·
His last sentence. Checking first.
0 Likes 0 ·
jonf3n avatar image jonf3n Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

FYI: Latest v3.13– Dec 6th 2023 addition still doesnt mention the US5000C

0 Likes 0 ·
a-clinton avatar image a-clinton Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) will like to know if Jinko Batteries are compatible to victron inverters and if yes , how do i go about it .

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ a-clinton commented ·

Hi @A. Clinton ,

It's possible, though we have not tested them internally ourselves.

We have relaxed the battery compatibility requirements, though for batteries that we haven't already documented you'll need to get support regarding settings and configuration from your battery supplier and not Victron.

0 Likes 0 ·
manta avatar image
manta answered ·

Well the Pylontech protocol is widely used now, seems to be working on all battery's?
Even non Pylontech battery's use the Pylontech way of connecting. Like the Seplos BMS which is widely used. It's even autodetected in the latest V3.13, changes the speed to 500kbit, and reports Seplos 200A BMS.

2 |3000