question

jsadler avatar image
jsadler asked

MPPT Control rev 2 display error

Hi

I have a BlueSolar (NOT SmartSolar) 150 | 100 - Tr (note NOTE NO VE.Can) and it's remote MPPT Control display.

I have 6 panels set up in pairs (24VDC) connected to the BlueSolar MPPT.

The MPPT Control display has s/w version 1.00

The BlueSolar 150 | 100 has s/w version 1.59

The MPPT Control display status has the following:

panel power: 0

Panel voltage: 0

Yield today: 0

Charger error: bat OFF

battery current: 0.0

battery voltage: 13.4

load output state: ON

load current: doesn't show up in status list

When I measure the PV input voltage I get 41VDC instead of 24VDC. Which to me seems to indicate a missing ground and the meter is just floating to 41(???)

I've searched the website and haven't found anything except some broken links to the manuals that apply to my set up.

Does anyone have info on the MPPT Control display error "bat OFF"?

J Sadler

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @jsadler

The "bat OFF" is not the charger error, but the charger state, meaning the charger is off. Which is expected as it does not see any PV voltage. I have no idea why that is the case. Did you measure the PV voltage on the MPPT connector screws while the panels were connected to the MPPT?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jsadler avatar image jsadler commented ·

Hi Thiemo

When I measure the PV input voltage I get 41.5VDC instead of 24VDC. Which to me seems to indicate a missing ground or an open circuit and the meter is just floating to 41.5(???).

On the battery side it measures 13.5VDC

Thank you for the help.

J Sadler

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ jsadler commented ·

Hi @jsadler

How and where did you measure the PV voltage?
Were the panels connected to the MPPT during the measurement?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
jsadler avatar image jsadler Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Measured at the mppt terminals and at the combiner box.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ jsadler commented ·

Hi @jsadler

And wat is the voltage coming from the panels when you disconnect them from the MPPT?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
jsadler avatar image jsadler Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
41.5 VDC
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @jsadler

When you measured > 40V on the PV terminals and the MPPT control would still report 0V PV voltage, there is probably a hardware problem with the MPPT and you should contact the seller to apply for warranty.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·