question

phillipmillerca avatar image
phillipmillerca asked

Float no watts no amps

68639a9b-bae6-401d-a06e-8de266a553fb.png

6910aaf3-3112-4ca4-b325-1f3f934c7883.pngImage CaptionI have a Victron mppt 100/20. It has been working fine and then yesterday I noticed that my ammeter was showing no charge was coming in from the solar panels. Today I checked my connections and found a loose wire. After I fixed the loose wire the mppt came back on but still failed to charge. My ammeter shows that my batteries are at 70% so the mppt controller should be sending power but it’s not.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Low battery voltage of 0.01v?

Have you checked all fuses / breakers between the mppt and battery?

Check the fuse in the bottom of the mppt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jason-greenberg avatar image
jason-greenberg answered ·

I am seeing this too, when I'm in float, everything zeroes out, it's like it's only reporting the energy that is passed through to the battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

@Jason Greenberg But does it work in absorption, and do you still see battery volts in float. If do then you do not have the issue in the OP. Do you have a Smart Battery Sense or DVCC enabled as thiese supply the battery amps to the SmartSolar. Do you have a managed battery that could be telling the SmartSolar to stop charging. More details required.

0 Likes 0 ·