question

adambant avatar image
adambant asked

150/45 MPPT low output

I have a 150/45 MPPT that today decided to stop outputting on a bright sunny day. Has been working for over a year.. but I have been having a strange issue for about the past 4 months with it where when it reaches absorption voltage levels it gets VERY noisy and the voltage jumps all over the place 2-3 volts and it cause the my MultiPlusII 48/3000 to shutoff due to DC ripple faults. After a while it comes back on and stays up once it gets to float mode.

But today I think was its last breath, at 12:30pm the output went to almost zero, between 0-10watts output. If I use Victron Connect and turn off the charger, then back on, it will go up to about 2000watts output for a few seconds then go back down to 0-10watts. I am on firmware version 1.59.

My system has a 500A 712-battery monitor and the battery SOC is at about 65%, so plenty of room still for high current charging. The battery voltage is about 52.8v and the solar output is around 85volts so plenty of voltage differential there too.

Anyone have any ideas?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
offroadflow avatar image
offroadflow answered ·

contact your dealer.
smells like warranty...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.