question

sjoste avatar image
sjoste asked

Ip22 blue smart charger with bp65 as charge cutoff

I have the bp65 as a charge cutoff from the bms. But the side of the ip22 blue smart charger 30a says to "disconnect the supply before making or breaking the connections to the battery"....nothing in the manual states this? Am I safe to interrupt the charging with the bp65 on the charge output?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
sjoste avatar image
sjoste answered ·

Is it just to prevent sparks and ignition prevention? Or to protect the chargers electronics?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Sjoste

I'm doing this with a pair of IP22's (in parallel) and they haven't suffered any damage so far.

And if you look in the manual you will see that another Victron AC charger (IP65) is shown in a similar configuration.

Also make sure the IP22 output goes to the battery protect input (IN) to avoid reverse current flowing which would damage the BP.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic