question

mckinley61 avatar image
mckinley61 asked

Victron Multi plus 12v 3000 w inverter..

I'm having trouble with the Multi plus when I put a 1500w load on it (espresso maker) it has worked perfectly for 6mos, now all of a sudden it has the low battery Red light and alarm, then shuts down? I've checked all the connections from the battery to the inverter and from my 120v circuit from breakers to where I have the espresso maker plugged in. I ordered a device to try to make sure the unit is set at 11v lithium for the low end(bye bye another $100). I was reading that possibly the battery heat sensor could be bad? Im only running a Isotherm fridge (4-5amps) and an Espar heater, a few LED lights so probably around 1800w give or take. The espresso maker is only on for 10 sec then off (when its working). I dud use a short length of household romex to feed the espresso outlet but had not previous issue. Also our battery is fully charged its a 400ah single battery. Not sure what else to do??

I also filed a ticket with VIctron but haven't heard from them at all. Anyone have a contact phone for warranty or troubleshooting?

Thanks for any help.

Max

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @mckinley61 I've moved your question to the 'questions and answers' section as that is the correct place.

First thought: weak battery or DC connection.
Please have someone with a bit more experience help you run through the system. check for voltage drop under load, etc.

Support: always first through the dealer where you bought the inverter. (and yes asking here is also good, but for official support contact dealer)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Is the battery rated to discharge at 150 amps or more?

What are the dynamic cutoff values? I set mine pretty low with LIFPO4

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What batteries do you have? It is likely they are undersized (at 12V) and you have worn them out, especially if it isn't Lithium.

2 |3000