question

rangnaroek avatar image
rangnaroek asked

Many users use batteries in parallel connection without connection to Starterbattery. Why is there no diagram in the manual for the BMV712smart that shows this circuit variant.

In this picture i dont understand why is the 2nd battery (if it was not a starter battery) not connected with a big red cable to the plus pol of the 1st battery. 1647932615023.png

BMV Battery Monitor
1647932615023.png (55.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Rangnaroek

When there are two or more batteries connected in parallel (or in series), the batteries are considered as one battery. That's why it's enough to just draw one red thick cable.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rangnaroek avatar image rangnaroek commented ·

is this the right connection?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ rangnaroek commented ·
No, that's wrong. I will update it once I know what the Schaudt EBL 252 is, a charger or a battery?
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ rangnaroek commented ·

Seems the EBL 252 is a charger or something like that, so it goes to the load side of the shunt. All loads/chargers minus go to the load side of the shunt. The negative from the one battery connects to the negative terminal of the other battery and then to the battery side of the shunt. Nothing else connects to the minus of the battery. If you connect more chargers or loads, then you connect the negative wires of the new charger/loads to the load side of the shunt.

I updated the your image:

30913-0686ffd0-7f90-4137-b53d-116cf30c6750.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
rangnaroek avatar image
rangnaroek answered ·

Hi Stefanie, many many thanks for your help. I understand this update an i will change my connection yet.

2 |3000