question

Dylan Tucker avatar image
Dylan Tucker asked

Multiplus 500 discontinued?

Hi all - I’m currently doing my first camper conversion and was hoping some kind folks could help me with a couple of questions relating to a multiplus purchase. I have spotted a miltiplus 500 on offer but tried to look up the specs on the victron site and the smallest that’s listed there is an 800. Is the 500 discontinued or is there another reason for this?

I’d also like to know if a 500 is powerful enough for my needs and how I would work that out. I’d regularly be on hook up here in the U.K. but have 2 x 100w solar panels and 2 x 100ah batteries.

thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @dilby,

The 500 VA MultiPlus is still a current product and listed here - https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multi-500-va

The MultiPlus range, with so many models, and several different formats can be confusing.

Regarding sizing, The best course of action is to get in touch with your local dealer to get a system design based on the appliances and how you want to use them.

There are many common appliances larger than 500VA that would overload it, but it’s also possible that it is sufficient with some smart design,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.