question

allie avatar image
allie asked

MPPT 150/70 started #38 error and battery at 13.2 volts - help pls

I have 800 wts of panels, wired serially and paralell, connected to MPPT 150/70 controller. This has worked great for 6 months. My cables are AWG2 or larger, and the controller connection to the battery is AWG4. Yesterday cooked great meal using electrical appliances like usual. Today my microwave shut inverter off (Renogy 2000w) and the controller started throwing error #38 out. And it shows 1 wt all day in full sun.

I checked all my connections. I have looked at the wiring to see if there were any hot spots or melted heat shrink - it all seems to be ok. I disconnected the controller from panels and the battery twice to reset. Still get #38 error. What is going on?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @allie,

please see the following document for Error #38 and follow the guide to recover from the error: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.