question

datraveler avatar image
datraveler asked

Fusing inverter/converter from Lynx distributor

I am currently in the process of changing my system from GoPower to Victron, however, it's an expensive endeavor. I have new Victron DC-DC charger, 100/30 Solar Charge Controller and a battery shunt. I have just ordered a Lynx distributor and was wondering what the best way to fuse the GoPower ic2000 is. I have a 300 amp classT fuse between the battery and the inverter/controller now, but I will soon have the lynx connected to the batteries. I want to keep the classT fuse connected between the battery and the lynx. Is it ok to run the inverter/converter through the lynx? If so, I'm not sure what size fuse to use. It's a 2000 watt inverter. Any suggestions? Also, it's a 12 volt system running off 2 100ah Battleborn batteries running in parallel over 2/0 gauge cables.

I will be switching over to a Multiplus in the next few months, but still need to use the RV until then. So, I'm stuck with the GoPower for now.

Thank you for any suggestions.

victron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@DaTraveler,

I see no problem running the GoPower through the Lynx Distributor.

Fuse size for a 2/0 gauge cable I would go with 125A or 150A (max).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic