question

rogermija avatar image
rogermija asked

MP2 off switch

I want to run from battery as much as possible and switch to ac only for AC/microwave/electric hot water, etc. I currently have a Xantrex 1000 which has a remote panel from which I can turn the inverter on/off. I am installing a MP2 3000 and wish to know how I turn the MP2 on/off from a remote location to minimize parasitic current draw. I have Cerbo and touch display. Thank you.

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Rogermija,

provided you have no VE.Bus BMS, you can switch the Inverter On/Off from your touch display.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tom4x avatar image
tom4x answered ·

If I understand you correctly you could also add a simple switch on the ACin-side of the MultiPlus II, switching it only on when you want it. Or use a relay-switch with the same purpose.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.