question

nurullah avatar image
nurullah asked

NEGATIVE BUSBAR GROUNDING

Hi, In my motocaravan project, I will use quattro 8000kva. I need some information about ground connection. In the sample catamaran project that I see in your website, a grounding cable connection is made between the dc negative busbar and the quattro ground terminal. Is the connection necessary. Please give me some information why we need to make this grounding connection on negative buspar.

Thank you.

Grounding
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nurullah avatar image
nurullah answered ·

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

This is the safety ground connection for the DC paths.

Safety ground connections provide a return path for fault currents. The conductors need to be large enough to trip the breaker or pop the fuse in the supply line(s) to the device. In the AC world, the chassis of a device without a safety ground could reach lethal voltages.

Should a DC fault occur inside the inverter/charger, this connection prevents the chassis of the unit from reaching the DC supply potential. Battery voltages are not usually high enough to cause a health hazard, the currents are high enough such that the fault could cause damage elsewhere in the system. For example, current could flow through the relatively small AC safety ground connections.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic