question

info7060 avatar image
info7060 asked

Can Multiplus switch to AC input when battery and PV is low?

Hi,

I plan to install off-grid PV system to my house. Information I could not find is, how is AC input on the Multiplus inverter used. Can I use it to automatically power load when battery is empty and there is no PV (during night for example.)? Or is it only to charge the battery? Can I power the load without charging the battery?

Is using AC input changing off-grid to on-grid or there is no way power would leak from that to the grid?

Thanks a lot!

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@info7060 Have a read of the ESS manual on the Victron website as it saves me rewriting the manual here. In essence you can configure the system to use solar and batteries and if both are depleted, the grid. This happens automatically. The grid or batteries can/will also be used to complement a shortfall of solar. The system may also be configured to not feed "leak" energy back to the grid.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

info7060 avatar image info7060 commented ·
Thanks a lot, pointing to the right name of the manual is more than enough!

0 Likes 0 ·