question

scottf avatar image
scottf asked

newbie motorhome user..not sure what reading means, help please

Hi,

I have just installed a Victron SmartSolar MPPT Controller 100/20 as I needed to replace my other controller which wasn't working. Install is all good with charge lights displaying and I have installed the VictronController iOS app and that has bluetoothed to the controller and I am getting readings on my phone but I don't know what the readings mean.

Hoping someone can help.

I have 2 x 60w panels on the roof of the motorhome and 2 x 110amp leisure batteries.

The app is displaying "Solar" as 1W - what does this reading mean? I have read the manual and my understanding is this is what the panels are delivering....is this correct? It is a cloudy day with periods of sun in Glasgow, Scotland today.

I have attached a screenshot of my phone.

Thanks for your advise.

Regards Scott

MPPT Controllers
img-4750.jpg (263.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

So, yes that is what the panels are currently delivering. It seems plausible to me because your battery is in Float and it seems to be at the Float Voltage which is probably set to 13.8V if I'm not mistaken,
So in a nutshell, your battery is full and no more energy can go in to it. If you switch something on which is connected to the battery then you should notice the solar Watts increase.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.