question

ryan-dancey avatar image
ryan-dancey asked

Quattro 48V 5kv AC2 Input Not Working

I have a new Quattro which I am bench testing prior to installation in a sailboat.

I have created an electrical cable that I can plug into the main house power (120VAC).

When I wire this cable to the AC1 Input, the Quattro turns on and works normally. I can see it and connect to it from VictronConnect and everything appears normal.

If I connect this cable to the AC2 Input, the Quattro does nothing - no lights, no sounds of relays, not found in VictronConnect; it's a brick.

Help!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Do you have a battery bank connected? Just a guess but maybe the circuitry that detects AC 2's input requires battery power.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ryan-dancey avatar image ryan-dancey commented ·
interesting. I can test that
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ryan-dancey commented ·
Victron devices always need a battery, so you have to connect one anyway to make it work probably.
0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image
Ingo answered ·

@Kevin Windrem is correct. ACIn1 can start without a battery. ACIn2 requires a battery to be connected.

1 comment
2 |3000

andy156 avatar image andy156 commented ·

Don't do any updates if powered through ac in 1 unless the battery is connected. It cuts the grid power and when the capacitors empty it will die mid update.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) It would probably be worth having code in the system to check the configuration before proceeding with firmware updates.

0 Likes 0 ·