question

michaeltenerife avatar image
michaeltenerife asked

How to configure the BMV700 with Pylontech to show right battery % ?

Hi everyone,

How can my BMV700 show right battery % with a US3000 Pylontech battery?

The BMV700 is showing 100% charge although charger is still in Bulk and LEDs of the Pylontech is showing there are still charging....

I have the default charged voltage 52,8V (but shows battery 100% although voltage is under 52V) and default tail of 4%

Peukert's is on 1.05 and charge efficiency at 99% as recommended.

Thank you

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Pylon's BMS is quite accurate, a BMV is a waste of money, effort and is cumbersome, just connect the CAN interface of the pylon BMS and use that.
0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Michaeltenerife,

afaik the Pylontech is reporting State of Charge to the GX device. There is no need for a BMV/SmartShunt. And even if you want an extra shunt, it would become almost impossible to sync it with the shunt of the Pylontech.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

I agree with the above replies. what you may need though is the proper victron VeCan data cable specific for your pylontech model to the gx .

2 |3000

michaeltenerife answered ·

I don't have a gx. I have a multiplus 48 3000 with NO* com port to communicate with the battery and an mppt 150 35.

What Voltages correspond to what charge % of the battery by a 48V pylontech battery then?

Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

In contrast to lead acid, the voltage in a lithium system cannot be used to determine the state of charge. Impossible.

And I strongly suggest to include a GX device in your installation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If it is the first time you power up the BMV it always will show 100% you have to make a full charge cycle to synchronize the BMV to 100%.

I'm not 100% sure but isn't the Pylontech shutting down after a few minutes if there is no Can.bus communication?!

2 |3000

michaeltenerife answered ·

I have this system running since 10 days now. Pylontech is not turning off without can bus communication...

2 |3000

alex-pi avatar image
alex-pi answered ·

Neither Pylontech BMS nor Victron Inverter doesn't show the time remaining unlike Smart Shunt does. Also, the deepest discharge Ah, etc. So there is still an added value but it's not critical.

Here is the difference Summary from Pylon and from the Victron Shunt. But for me personally Time to go matters.

1671403809349.png

1671403809349.png (80.5 KiB)
2 |3000