question

ryne avatar image
ryne asked

Quattro 5000 and solar

Newb here and starting a summer project on my cabin.

To be installed:

1 quattro 5000/48

5kW solar array

200/150 MPPT

6 EG4 LifePO Battery Bank

I have another 5kW of solar and another 200/150 MPPT I may introduce to this environment but need help understanding if adding a 2nd quattro (5000/48) and MPPT will double my amps or would I need a Quattro 10000/48 to get higher amps? I'm also intending to add a second quatro for split phase so would appreciate any guidance from the community. Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You can parallel two Quatros for double the power output. Cable length matching on the AC input, the AC output and DC battery connection is required for proper load sharing. These equal lengths are measured from some common point to the Quatro. Parallel units must be the same model and it is highly recommended that they have the same hardware revision.

You can also configure Quatros for 2- or 3-phase operation including split phase where leg 1 and leg 2 are 180 degrees apart. If you then paralleled units, you would need to double up on all legs (that would be 4 units in your case).

There's a decent tutorial on the victron professional web site that explains much on the subject of multi-phase and parallel operation. I highly recommend you read that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ryne avatar image ryne commented ·
Awesome, thank you for the clarification and details!
0 Likes 0 ·