question

wesley-corbet avatar image
wesley-corbet asked

MEN Links on the AC output of Multigrid 48V 3000

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) I recently installed 3 x Multigrid 48V 3000's in parallel on a single phase installation feeding 2 x sub-mains on the AC output to a separate house and shed each with a sub-board and MEN link. The system is coming up with Error 11 due to these N-E connections and the only solution offered by Victron so far is to replace the 3 x Multigrids with 3 x Multipluses and then install special firmware to disable the N-E checks on initial start-up. I have asked if firmware can be provided to solve the problem with the existing Multigrids with the answer being "no, the Multigrid's cannot be modified". It is not practical to install separate earths to these sub-boards due to difficulty and length, is there another known solution before removing and replacing the Multigrids with Multipluses?

multigrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Wesley,

I will forward this on and someone from Victron will get in touch with you.

Please prepare a system diagram and photos of the installation for them.

Regards,

Guy

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wesley-corbet avatar image wesley-corbet commented ·

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate your help.

Wes Corbet

0 Likes 0 ·
iain-parke avatar image
iain-parke answered ·

Hi Wes I had the same problem with a 3 phase installation with 3 multigrids, I got around its by installing a delay on timer and a contactor to switch the 3 phases and the Neutral to the load with the seperate MEN link. Once the multigrid has done all its checks the contactor energises and the MEN link won't cause it to fault.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic