question

emil-eintopf avatar image
emil-eintopf asked

Cerbo GX + GX Touch or CCGX

Hello,

now, i´m in the planning phase of our DIY Camper.

For the electric layout, i want to use the wiring Diagram of the "Victron Van" as a basic layout.

Instaed of the single 200Ah battery, i want to use 2 Victron 160Ah Batteries and eventually the 12/3000 MultiPlus to be safe for future AC-installations.

In the Layout of the "VictronVan" a CCGX Control Panel is used but i like to replace the CCGX with the Cerbo+GXtouch.

Is there any difference in the functionality between the CCGX and the Cerbo+GX-Touch or can i simply change the components ?victron-schaltplan-mit-ccgx.jpg

campervan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Emil Eintopf,

the Cerbo GX is the most modern controller that Victron has.

Here is a comparison overview: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

I recommend the Cerbo GX. The functionality is roughly the same for both devices, but if you look closely to the number of ports, the Cerbo is more future-oriented and covers a wide range of different devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The CerboGX offers more functionality and connectivity options over the CCGX, so yes you can replace the CCGX with a CerboGX and Touch combo.

2 |3000

emil-eintopf avatar image
emil-eintopf answered ·

Hi at all,

Thanks for the fast response.

I´m happy to hear, that my plan will works.

Emil Eintopf

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic